He has a consultative and strategy role with a visionary task related to next generation technology and its impact. He is both a creative thinker and influential collaborator base on that he has worn many hats throughout his long career. He acts as an expert advisor on these topics for various organizations, companies and mentoring entrepreneurs.
As a research manager at BSC he is has participated in a number of competitive EU/Spanish calls and Networks of Excellence, a lot of them involve University-Industry Technology Transference . Before being manager at BSC, he was a member of the European Center for Parallelism of Barcelona (CEPBA) (1994-2004) and a member of the board of managers of CEPBA-IBM Research Institute (CIRI) (2000-2004).
He has been Vice-dean of Institutional Relations at the Computer Science School (1998- 2001) and a member of the University Senate (Claustre) and member of the Board of Governors (Junta de Govern) (2011-2013). He has also participated in numerous university management activities and institutional representation. He has been member of UPCnet management board during 2011-2013. He is member of the advisory board at Barcelona Big Data Center of Excellence, and member of the BSC-CNS Access Committee core team.
Promotion and Dissemination management
During 1992-2000 he has been the coordinator of the promotion and dissemination of technology at European Center for Parallelism of Barcelona (CEPBA).
Appointments as expert
In addition to technology transfer through projects he acts as an expert or consultant on these topics for various organizations, companies and mentoring entrepreneurs.
He has held several appointments as an independent expert (nombramentos como experto independiente):
- By the European Comission (Information Society and Media Directorate) in the preparation of the Work Programme 2011-2012: area “Disruptive Solutions for Energy Efficient ICT” – Future Emerging Technologies (FET) Proactive, 2010 Download the final report here.
- By Friends of Europe’s Greening Europe Forum at “Greening Europe – Roundtable: Opportunities and challenges of greening ICT”. 2011 . Download the full report here: EN (Opportunities and challenges of greening ICT.
- Elected as Expert of Swiss Academy of Engineefing Science for the period 2012-2013.
- Elected as a evaluator by:
- Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnologia of Spain,
- Dirección General de Investigación of Community of Madrid (Spain).
- Universitat Jaume I de Castelló, Spain.
- Departament d’Universitats i Recerca de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Fundació La Caixa
- Autoritat Catalana de Protecció de Dades
- Science Foundation Ireland.
- Elected by Fundació Centre Tecnològic de Catalunya as a member of board of expert for elaborating the white paper “The contribution of ICT to the transition to a more sustainable energy model“. 2010.
- Invited by European Comission to contribute at the second Digital Assembly Agenda. June 2012.
- Member of “Comissió d’Innovació del Consell de la Cultura de Barcelona”, Ajuntament de Barcelona (2013-2014).
- Member of the Steering Committee IEEE -TCSC Technical Area of Green Computing (2010 –2013).
Technology Consultant (Consultor tecnológico)
- Member of the UPCnet management board (miembro del consejo de administración de la empresa UPCnet) desde 2011.
- Technology Consulting at Spanish companies.
- Mentoring entrepreneurs. (Undertile during 2010-2013).