Junior Research Engineer (RE1/RE2)
Would you like to join us? Call open for a Junior Research Engineer to work in our research group at BSC-CNS . Our research group is working on Supercomputing for Artificial Intelligence, in particular right now with special focus on Deep Learning. In this context we have some projects with big companies. The open position will be assigned in one of these projects. The candidate will participate in this project and also in other ongoing exploratory research projects related with Deep Learning (and Artificial Intelligence in general) that are going on in our research group. The candidate occasionally will participate in activities around our research/teaching collaboration with UPC groups.
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
- Implementation of Deep Neural Netwoks training processes on TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch
- Help in the design and creation of new models to improve the current models
- Managing workloads on HPC facilities, specially on a BSC-CNS GPU cluster in the process of training the DL models.
- Write the related documentation of this activity
- Attend meeting at client offices (Barcelona area) in order to help their development team to put in production the results of the innovation collaboration
- BCs/MSc in Computer Sciences, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Excellent computing skills in Python programming language
- Demonstrable knowledge in the use of Deep Learning frameworks as TensorFlow/Pytorch/Keras.
- Demonstrable knowledge in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence in general
- Experience managing workloads on HPCs (CPU and GPU clusters)
- Fluency in English essential: regular written and spoken communication in English will be required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a partl-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, home office, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
The application form can be found here:
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.