Junior Developer of Big Data technologies for HPC (part-time)
We are looking for a junior developer that want to join our Autonomic Systems and eBusiness platforms research group
We will accept candidatures interested in a part-time work as well as students of Computer Sciences Engineering Degree. There is the option to perform the Undergraduate Thesis Project related to BigData technologies.
In particular, this junior developer will work on designing and implementing tools to meet the requirements of Big Data scientific applications. Among other tasks, he/she will work on exploiting novel storage hierarchies, exploring solutions ranging from extending existing functionalities on non-relational databases to combine different data storage solutions for each level in the hierarchy.
- Development of policies and mechanisms to manage data storage hierarchy
- Study and adaptation of Big Data tools for HPC environments
- Graduate on Computer Science (or similar) or currently undertaking the last semesters
- Will be valued:
- Programming with Java, python and C++
- Knowledge of distributed data systems for Big Data applications (as for example Apache Cassandra)
- Will be valued:
- Critical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse members/stakeholder/staff base
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Science department in the Autonomic Systems and eBusiness platforms team in collaboration with the specific program coordinator. The contract will be for 1 year, with a trial period of 3 months.
Applications Procedure: https://www.bsc.es/join-us/job-opportunities/131csasbpre1